Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A Busy Few Days in the Neighborhood


Hokay, as my youngest son is fond of saying, some of you may have noticed that I haven't posted anything the past few days. This is because I've been a little busy. ;) I began last week by heading to Utah for a doctor appointment, and to help out with a little project at my mother's abode. The railing on her porch was slightly demolished, so a few of us joined forces to remedy the situation. All went well and I returned home Wednesday afternoon. I spent Thursday catching up on laundry and getting our camper loaded. Then, Thursday night, Kennon and I headed up to Blackfoot.

Three events took place this past weekend that kept us all entertained. First, several of the menfolk gathered to help good brother, Jeffy, fix the roof of his garage. They started Thursday night.


They continued this effort the next day and were finished by Friday afternoon.

Friday was Kennon's 50th birthday, so after all the work was done, we gathered with numerous family members to celebrate. Hamburgers were grilled, salads were thrown together, and an interesting cake made an appearance. A good time was had by all as we celebrated this landmark birthday.

Here Kennon and I are posing with the balloons his sister, Jackie, gave him, and the fancy fillet knife I gave him for an upcoming fishing trip to Alaska.


Even our little granddaughter, Aari, seemed excited for this party.


Aari and I spent some time practicing to sing "Happy Birthday!" to Grandpa.


Aari was still fascinated by Grandpa's balloons the next day.


She also liked hanging out in the camper with Grandma for a while.


She also enjoyed getting to know her cousin, Tyce. They're fairly close in age.


Later on, we journeyed to a nearby reservoir\park for a picnic. Here Aari is showing her daddy the utensils she would like to use to partake of vittles. After we ate, the menfolk drowned a few worms while we women played fun games like Canasta. Yes, I lost big time--I must be losing my touch. =D
This weekend, we also celebrated our niece's graduation from high school with yet another barbecue feast. Here Cori is posing with her very good friend, Abi.


Wonderful food was grilled and consumed.


After the dinner, a rambunctious round of volleyball was enjoyed by our offspring. (We older types cheered them on from the sidelines.)

All in all, it was an enjoyable weekend. I think it's important to spend time with loved ones whenever the opportunity presents itself. Contrary to popular belief, these are not the ties that bind and gag, but important relationships that will link us together for eternity.

2 comments:

Doran & Jody said...

How fun! Wish I could have been there for ALL OF IT. Especially the volleyball!
I would have brought TABOO. That's MY favorite game.

Cheri J. Crane said...

You would've loved the volleyball tournament! And the food was glorious.