Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Hommage de le Prophete


Some of you may have noticed that I went an entire week without posting a new blog\poem. There were two reasons for this:


Reason # 1: I suffered a bout with carbon monoxide poisoning last week and was a little bit sick for a few days. (Note to self: Never allow one's husband to bring gas-fueled power tools into my house ever again, especially during the winter months)


Reason # 2: On the days when I wasn't feeling like the last chapter, I was at a loss for words. I couldn't think of anything appropriate that would pay tribute to such a beloved prophet of God.


Then during sacrament meeting this past week, as I sat, drawing strength from those who shared valiant testimonies, a poem descended. Quickly I pulled out a piece of scratch paper from my purse and it was as if I couldn't write fast enough. Here it is, nothing perfect, mind you, but my way of paying tribute to a man whose Christ-like example touched the world.


Hommage de le Prophete

Do a little better
Reach a little more
Stand a little taller
Prepare for what's in store.

Be a little kinder
Let patience pave life's path
Serve with loving thoughts
Let the scriptures be your staff.

Become a great example
Stand for what is right
Smile a little more
Grasp for Heaven's Light.

Endure when trials descend
Push forward with faith anew
Live without regrets
Seek for what is true.

Enjoy the journey daily
Do all you can while on this earth
And when the moment comes at last
You'll be ready for eternal birth.

Cheri J. Crane

February 3, 2008

No comments: