Friday, July 17, 2009

Reasons Why I Haven't Posted Lately


Hello to you! ;) It has been brought to my attention that I've missed blogging for several days in a row. Actually, I was aware of that fact . . . it has just been a really crazy couple of weeks. To atone, I will share a few pictures that will help illustrate why I've been away from my computer.


First, my husband took me on a surprise trip to Shoshone Falls near Twin Falls, Idaho. The Snake River is about as full as we've ever seen it this year, so the falls are spectacular, as you can see above. It was my birthday that week, and this was a fun way to celebrate.

After enjoying the beautiful Shoshone Falls, we drove into Twin Falls, crossing Snake River Canyon over the the famed Perrine Bridge.

We stayed in Twin Falls that night, and wanted to hit a session at the fairly new Twin Falls Temple. But when we arrived, we learned that the sessions only run every 2 hours. So we settled for doing sealings instead. It was a wonderful way to start out my birthday.



After spending time in this beautiful temple, we changed, ate a bite of lunch at an impressive Chinese buffet, then we went exploring. We found the Perrine Falls. This waterfall is one of the longest I've ever seen. It starts at the top of Snake River Canyon and plummets to the ground below. This is what it looks like up close at the bottom:

We headed next to explore the Shoshone Indian Ice Caves, located north of Twin Falls. This was a fun adventure. It was so hot that day, the ice cave felt wonderful. It is about 40 degrees inside this cave. For a while, I felt like I could live there. ;)




We eventually headed home, after meeting up with Kennon's siblings and spouses at a favorite Greek Restaurant for dinner that night in Pocatello. Then we geared up for the weekend.



That weekend (July 10-12) a huge reunion on my mother's side of the family tree took place. My son, Derek, his wife, Kristen, and their cute little girl, Aari, came down on Friday. Saturday morning, we headed to nearby Bear Lake to enjoy a picnic, and to play in the sand and water. As you can see, Aari had a blast. So did her grandmother. =D



My mother then arrived at our abode that afternoon with her brother, his wife, and his m-i-l. We enjoyed a good visit, fun food, and prepared to head up to Star Valley for the annual James Lowery & Genevieve Sibbett reunion. A good time was had by all.



Above you can see some of my cousins, and their mother, one of my favorite aunts, singing a touching number. (Music is huge on this side of our family tree.)



After the reunion, we prepared for the annual girls' camp adventure that took place this past week in our stake. (July 14-17)This year we journeyed once again to Camp Honock, located near Soda Springs. Once again a good time was had by all.



And you'll be happy to know that there weren't any serious injuries this year. (Yep, we put up our huge cabin tent without it caving in on my head.) My oldest son, Kris, pictured above with his cute mommy, helped us out a ton as we put our campsite together.

All in all, it has been a crazy couple of weeks---and the craziness continues. In a few minutes, I'm leaving for Ashton, Idaho for my 30 year class reunion. Wow, how the time flies by.

I wish you all a safe, fun weekend, and I'll be back sometime next week.

2 comments:

Cindy Beck, author said...

Looks like a fun time. And happy belated birthday!

Doran & Jody said...

Man oh man!!! Slow down. I'm never gonna catch up with you running so fast. Oh wait....yes I am. Tomorrow..at..lunch! Can't wait.
And I love the yellow shirts. Good choice!

Happy Birthday to you...la de da de da!!!